Puerto Princesa Adventure Day 1: Crocodile Farm and Nature Park


~Ola

Yosh! Next stop is at Crocodile Farm and Conservation Centre/Palawan’s Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Center located at Baranggay Irawan, Puerto Princesa. Before entering the facility you need to sign up on a log book. You would need to fill-up your name, nationality and place of origin (I think this is for survey purposes). After that you would be directed to a booth where you need to pay 40 pesos per pax as an entrance fee. While waiting for the tour to start, we enjoyed picture taking with one of the baby crocodile.
Palawan Crocodile Farm
Palawan Crocodile Farm
Oh! let me remind you that you need to pay 20 pesos as a talent fee for the photo shoot with the baby crocodile. Since we only had our mobile phone, we decided to grab a copy of our picture from the facility's photographer. Both picture costs around 200~250 pesos.  

The tour started around 3 p.m. and at the entrance you'll see a huge crocodile skin hanging at the wall and it's owner bones at the glass cabinet. These belongs to the first largest fresh water crocodile that was caught, which died when it was 60 years old...I guess
Palawan Crocodile Farm
Palawan Crocodile Farm
Palawan Crocodile Farm
I can't really remember the other history of this crocodile because I can't concentrate on listening. There were too many guest and most of them are having their own chit-chat and eager to go to the next phase of the tour. The guide brought us to a room with baby crocodile with ages 1-5 months. If I remember it correctly there were freshwater and saltwater baby crocs. But I can't distinguish the difference.  
Palawan Crocodile Farm
Palawan Crocodile Farm
The next phase was going to a bridge over the pool of adult crocodiles. It was scary believe me. At the back of my mind I kept on holding the thought that I might fell and I'd be a crocodile snack.
Palawan Crocodile Farm
Palawan Crocodile Farm
After this bridge, you'll be own your own. You'd be instructed by the tour guide that you can roam around the nature park and just make sure to follow the signs so you won't get lost. 
Palawan Nature Park
Palawan Nature Park
This is the only picture that I got at the Nature Park. I can't remember what kind of eagle this is. Aside from the fact that I'm just using my mobile phone to take pictures, there's really nothing left to see at this park. Most of the cages are empty and broken. Overall, I think the park is not well maintained. Usually you'll see some guides on the cages giving you a brief background on that kind of animal/species you are looking at but here there's none. We didn't even tried to eat the crocodile sisig, just lost interest. 
Sorry if it's taking too long for me to complete my adventure blog work has been hectic but I promise to finish this up before the year ends 
...to be continued

No comments:

 
Designed and coded by Kenny Manalad of Style Diaries