Puerto Princesa Adventure Day 3: Pandan Island


~Ola

The last island that we visited was Isla Pandan. When we were on our way to the island, the wind was blowing hard and the waves are kinda crazy again. Our boat was like doing a wild rock-a-bye baby by the waves It was the Southwest Monsoon acting weird As usual, I was on my prayers at the back of my mind..God is good because he let us reach the island safe and sound.
Isla Pandan
Another breakdown of expenses at this island: 
100 pesos per pax ~ entrance fee
350 pesos ~ picnic table rental fee
250 pesos ~ lunch meal  
After settling down at our picnic table, I explored the island but I didn't go far. I might get lost you know.
Isla Pandan
The shade of our table
Isla Pandan
 Trees are all around
Isla Pandan
Isla Pandan
Isla Pandan
Isla Pandan
Our lunch took a long time to be cooked. But it was worth the wait because it tastes so juicy and fresh. 
Isla Pandan
Grilled seashell
Stewed seashells in ginger and malunggay leaves
Isla Pandan
Our belly was sooo round and stuffed. We spent the next minutes resting..we can't barely walk LOL.  We made sure that the food that we ate is already fully digested before we went back to the water to play
Isla Pandan
Isla Pandan
Isla Pandan
Hubby and I had so much fun but it was too windy and the waves were getting bigger. We decided to leave the island by 1:30 p.m. so that we can go back at the hotel at 3 p.m. to grab our things. It was one crazy boat ride once again. The waves were big and strong that it can already flip our boat over. Would you also believe that are boat man wore the life jacket in case of emergency. I was really panicking and I kept on asking myself on why is it taking a long time for us to reach the seaport of Honda Bay. 
My hubby kept on holding my hand but he was smiling because for him, it was a thrilling experience to literally ride with the waves. My prayers were again answered when we were able to reach the seaport safe. But I noticed that the seawater near the port was already brown like it had too much soil on it. I figured out that the coast guard was no longer allowing tourist to leave the port due to bad weather condition. Whew, such a relief! I would never forget this trip but it won't stop me on going back to Palawan for more vacation adventure.

No comments:

 
Designed and coded by Kenny Manalad of Style Diaries